Salford Central station is located within a rapidly developing commercial and residential area.
The station dates from 1843 and is one of the oldest in Greater Manchester. It recently benefitted from the first phase of a redevelopment and modernisation and was provided with a much improved entrance area and lift access to the two platforms.
Address Salford Central Station, New Bailey Street, Salford, Greater Manchester M3 5ET
SJ 831 984 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Staffed Station (booking office open Monday to Saturdays 0625 – 1940, providing national rail information and tickets and other public transport information).
- Seating on platforms
- Customer Information Screens
- Public Address System
There is step-free access to the whole station with ramped access to platforms and ticket office. Lifts are also available.
- Outside the station bus stops provide access to the many routes which enter the city over the nearby Irwell bridge. These include the FREE Metroshuttle Route 3 which links to Spinningfields, St.Peter’s Square, Piccadilly station and many other shopping and entertainment locations. Click here for bus timetables.
- The massive Spinningfields development is nearby. The development includes extensive and impressive new office buildings, restaurants and high quality shops.
- Amongst the new buildings is the 16 storey Civil Justice Centre which for reasons obvious to those who see it has the nickname “The Filing Cabinet”
- Adjacent to the Civil Justice Centre is the recently expanded (due to reopen in February 2010) Peoples History Museum. Click here for more detail.
- The station is just a short walk to Deansgate with it’s many shops and restaurants, and the superbly renovated and extended John Rylands Library. Click here for more detail.
- Also just a short walk away is the Castlefield area which contains many attractions including the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) and the canals area where there is a great variety of bars and restaurants. Click here for more detail about MOSI.
- Manchester Town Hall is also easily reached from the station by foot. Click here for more detail.
Something For The Weekend XCI
A veritable plethora of things to see and do in the CRL area. Posted 20.09.19
A successful season! Posted 16.09.19
Job Opportunity With Community Rail Lancashire
Come and work with us in Accrington. Posted 16.09.19
Apprentice Project Launched
Including new signage and artwork. Posted 11.09.19
DalesRail Sunday 8th September 2019
Five walks on the last Sunday of the season. Posted 05.09.19