Salford Central station is located within a rapidly developing commercial and residential area.
The station dates from 1843 and is one of the oldest in Greater Manchester. It recently benefitted from the first phase of a redevelopment and modernisation and was provided with a much improved entrance area and lift access to the two platforms.
Address Salford Central Station, New Bailey Street, Salford, Greater Manchester M3 5ET
SJ 831 984 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Staffed Station (booking office open Monday to Saturdays 0625 – 1940, providing national rail information and tickets and other public transport information).
- Seating on platforms
- Customer Information Screens
- Public Address System
There is step-free access to the whole station with ramped access to platforms and ticket office. Lifts are also available.
- Outside the station bus stops provide access to the many routes which enter the city over the nearby Irwell bridge. These include the FREE Metroshuttle Route 3 which links to Spinningfields, St.Peter’s Square, Piccadilly station and many other shopping and entertainment locations. Click here for bus timetables.
- The massive Spinningfields development is nearby. The development includes extensive and impressive new office buildings, restaurants and high quality shops.
- Amongst the new buildings is the 16 storey Civil Justice Centre which for reasons obvious to those who see it has the nickname “The Filing Cabinet”
- Adjacent to the Civil Justice Centre is the recently expanded (due to reopen in February 2010) Peoples History Museum. Click here for more detail.
- The station is just a short walk to Deansgate with it’s many shops and restaurants, and the superbly renovated and extended John Rylands Library. Click here for more detail.
- Also just a short walk away is the Castlefield area which contains many attractions including the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) and the canals area where there is a great variety of bars and restaurants. Click here for more detail about MOSI.
- Manchester Town Hall is also easily reached from the station by foot. Click here for more detail.
February ComREG Update
Wednesday 7th February meeting. Posted 19.02.18
Something For The Weekend XXIV
Things to do & places to visit. Posted 16.02.18
Northern Unveils First New Train
First Class 331 nearly ready for testing. Posted 07.02.18
tRAILblazers Photography Project Launched
Museum of Liverpool hosts launch. Posted 05.02.17
Job Opportunities With CRL
Closing date 16th Feb 2018. Posted 31.01.18