Sunday 27th August 2017 – Ormskirk MotorFest 2017, Ormskirk Town centre from 11:00 onwards. Northern will be running additional train services between Preston & Ormskirk throughout the day – Click the link here for full details Ormskirk MotorFest 2017
Rufford station, a typical country halt, is situated on the edge of Rufford village surrounded with fertile fields. The village itself is very spread but the many white walled cottages are very attractive. A well known attraction close to the railway is Rufford Old Hall, the ancestral home of the Hesketh family. This 16th century Tudor building is one of the finest examples of this type of building in Lancashire and its hammer beamed roof of the Great Hall is outstanding.
St Mary’s Wharf sits close to the station adjacent to the Rufford Branch of the Leeds Liverpool canal and is well known locally for fine food. There are many attractive walks around the village and along the canal towpath.
SD 466155 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Regular service to Preston and Ormskirk
- Waiting shelters
- Additional seating on platforms
- Car park (20 spaces)
- Long Line Public Address
- Bus stops on Liverpool Road (Hesketh Arms) – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
- Rufford Old Hall (National Trust) is about 20 minutes walk away from the station – click here for more information
Newfield School Blackburn
Students benefit from Railway Confidence Programme. Posted 18.10.17
CRL Working With Northern Apprentices
Apprentices learn about community rail. Posted 17.10.17
Something For The Weekend XII
Plenty of things to see and do! Posted 06.10.17
Learning Outside The Classroom
CRL awarded nationally recognised Quality Badge. Posted 03.10.17
Something For The Weekend XI
Plenty of things to see and do! Posted 29.09.17