Meols Cop station serves the Blowick area of Southport and was opened on 2nd September 1887 as part of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The island platform with its small shelter is a pale shadow of the station buildings and infrastructure that once stood here.
A section of the line through the station to Crossens was electrified by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1909 but this branch was closed in 1964.
Meols Cop Station
Meols Cop Road
SD 356171 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses stops close by – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend LV
Plenty of festive things to do and see in the CRL area. Posted 07.12.18
RMT Strike Saturday 8 December 2018
30% of trains will run but none after 17:00. Posted 07.12.18
Now CRL Is Flushed With Success
Accrington's loo(e) twinned with a toilet block in Zambia. Posted 04.12.18
CRL Is Recruiting
Closing date 7th December 2018 . Posted 04.12.18
Clitheroe Line & East Lancashire Joint Management Group
Friday 30 November 2018. Posted 04.12.18