Meols Cop station serves the Blowick area of Southport and was opened on 2nd September 1887 as part of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The island platform with its small shelter is a pale shadow of the station buildings and infrastructure that once stood here.
A section of the line through the station to Crossens was electrified by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1909 but this branch was closed in 1964.
Meols Cop Station
Meols Cop Road
SD 356171 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses stops close by – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
7 Line Challenge Success
CRL's 7 lines travelled in one day! Posted 22.09.17
Something For The Weekend X
Things to do and see in CRL Land. posted 22.09.17
Railway Confidence Programme Boost
DCRDF grant confirmed. Posted 17.08.17
Bolton Upgrade August 2017
Check before you travel through Bolton. Posted 04.08.17
Down The Line – A New Website
A new educational toolkit. Posted 11.07.17