Meols Cop station serves the Blowick area of Southport and was opened on 2nd September 1887 as part of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The island platform with its small shelter is a pale shadow of the station buildings and infrastructure that once stood here.
A section of the line through the station to Crossens was electrified by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1909 but this branch was closed in 1964.
Meols Cop Station
Meols Cop Road
SD 356171 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses stops close by – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Railway Confidence Programme Gets Government Recognition
Award winners recognised. Posted 15.10.18
Volunteers Thanked Via Video
Youtube video thanks the volunteers! Posted 12.10.18
RMT Strike 13 October 2018
Northern to run 30% of trains. Posted 11.10.18
Community Rail Awards Success
Two firsts for CRL. Posted 05.10.18
Reading Between The Lines Issue 29
Plenty to read about in the CRL area. Posted 02.10.18