Meols Cop station serves the Blowick area of Southport and was opened on 2nd September 1887 as part of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The island platform with its small shelter is a pale shadow of the station buildings and infrastructure that once stood here.
A section of the line through the station to Crossens was electrified by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1909 but this branch was closed in 1964.
Meols Cop Station
Meols Cop Road
SD 356171 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses stops close by – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
CRL Welcomes A New Team Member
Caroline joins the award winning team! Posted 01.04.2020
Rail Related Home Activities
Loads of rail related things to do at home. Posted 31.03.2020
Northern Key Worker Timetables 30 March
Reduced service on most routes. Posted 30.03.2020
Sunday Services Affected By COVID-19
Reduced service on many routes. Posted 27.03.2020
New Measures Introduced Across Northern Network
Waiting rooms closed & penalty fares suspended. Posted 26.03.2020