Meols Cop station serves the Blowick area of Southport and was opened on 2nd September 1887 as part of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The island platform with its small shelter is a pale shadow of the station buildings and infrastructure that once stood here.
A section of the line through the station to Crossens was electrified by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1909 but this branch was closed in 1964.
Meols Cop Station
Meols Cop Road
SD 356171 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses stops close by – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
North West In Bloom Awards 2017
CRL stations do well in awards. Posted 07.11.17
Rail Minister Launches Community Rail Strategy Consultation
Burnley Manchester Road hosts Ministerial launch. Posted 06.11.17
Something For The Weekend XIV
Plenty to see and do! Posted 03.11.17
First Lego League Team Visit Eco Station
Children learn about recycling rainwater. Posted 03.11.17
Strike Action 8 November 2017
Details of services expected to run on strike day. Posted 02.11.17