Meols Cop station serves the Blowick area of Southport and was opened on 2nd September 1887 as part of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The island platform with its small shelter is a pale shadow of the station buildings and infrastructure that once stood here.
A section of the line through the station to Crossens was electrified by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1909 but this branch was closed in 1964.
Meols Cop Station
Meols Cop Road
SD 356171 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses stops close by – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
More Industrial Action
Three more strike days. Posted 17.06.18
South Fylde Line CRP Annual General Meeting
Chair re-elected for another year. Posted 11.06.18
Something For The Weekend XXXVII
Loads to se and do! Posted 08.06.18
Northern Introduce Temporary Timetables
To reduce number of unannounced cancellations. Posted 04.06.18
Dementia Project Gets Radio Coverage
Project on BBC Radio Leeds. Posted 01.06.18