Meols Cop station serves the Blowick area of Southport and was opened on 2nd September 1887 as part of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The island platform with its small shelter is a pale shadow of the station buildings and infrastructure that once stood here.
A section of the line through the station to Crossens was electrified by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1909 but this branch was closed in 1964.
Meols Cop Station
Meols Cop Road
SD 356171 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses stops close by – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend LXXX
Plenty to see and do in the CRL area. Posted 15.06.19
DalesRail Sunday 16 June 2019
Four guided walks this Sunday. Posted 13.06.19
South Fylde Line CRP Annual General Meeting
Another successful year! Posted 12.06.19
Community Rail Development Officer Retires
Community rail stalwart bows out. Posted 12.06.19
Sally Awarded MBE in Queen’s Birthday Honours
A well deserved honour! Posted 08.06.19