Meols Cop station serves the Blowick area of Southport and was opened on 2nd September 1887 as part of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The island platform with its small shelter is a pale shadow of the station buildings and infrastructure that once stood here.
A section of the line through the station to Crossens was electrified by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1909 but this branch was closed in 1964.
Meols Cop Station
Meols Cop Road
SD 356171 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses stops close by – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Down The Line Launched
New educational website unveiled. Posted 10.04.17
West of Lancashire CRP
Details of Management Committee Meeting. Posted 24.01.17
Last And First Trains Over Christmas
Details of the last services. Posted 08.12.16
South Fylde & West Lancs Stations Awards
RHS Awards for four stations. Posted 28.10.16
Improved Security & Information At Meols Cop
CCTV & CIS installed at station. Posted 19.02.16