Meols Cop station serves the Blowick area of Southport and was opened on 2nd September 1887 as part of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The island platform with its small shelter is a pale shadow of the station buildings and infrastructure that once stood here.
A section of the line through the station to Crossens was electrified by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1909 but this branch was closed in 1964.
Meols Cop Station
Meols Cop Road
SD 356171 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses stops close by – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend LXV
Plenty to see and do in the CRL area. Posted 22.02.19
Community Food Hub Café Opening In Preston
Healthy, local & seasonal food. Posted 15.02.19
Queen Mary’s Military Hospital
Memorial plaque unveiled. Posted 14.02.19
Electrification Of Bolton Corridor Complete
Northern 319s to start running via Bolton. Posted 09.02.19
Northern Timetable Saturday 9 February 2019
Timetables for Saturday 9th February 2019. Posted 08.02.19