Meols Cop station serves the Blowick area of Southport and was opened on 2nd September 1887 as part of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. The island platform with its small shelter is a pale shadow of the station buildings and infrastructure that once stood here.
A section of the line through the station to Crossens was electrified by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1909 but this branch was closed in 1964.
Meols Cop Station
Meols Cop Road
SD 356171 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses stops close by – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend XXXI
Plenty to see and do! Posted 20.04.18
Bentham Line Dementia Initiative
Awareness sessions for Northern Conductors. Posted 19.04.18
Something For The Weekend XXX
Loads to see and do! Posted 13.04.18
Railway Confidence Employment Experience
Students meet Northern staff. Posted 13.04.18
Preston To Blackpool Line To Reopen
Great North Rail Project update. Posted 12.04.18