Lancaster Castle Station
Meeting House Lane
SD 471616 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Staffed station 04.30 – 00.00 (but see below)
- Ticket Office opening hours – Mon – Sat 05.15 – 19.45, Sun 09.30 – 19.45
- Services to Morecambe, Barrow and Leeds with Northern Rail and services to all areas of country with Virgin Trains and Transpennine Express
- Car parking for 147 cars – 24 hours £9.50 per day (£3.50 Sats & Suns)
- Covered platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Secure cycle storage on car park (keys from booking office)
- Toilets on both platforms including disabled
- Public Address
Lancaster Castle – see history come alive in the heart of Lancaster. England’s dark history, with tales of persecution, incarceration, punishment and execution, has been lived out over the centuries within the confines of Lancaster Castle!
Lancaster Priory Church – a Grade 1 listed building, located on a site which has seen Christian worship since Saxon times.
Maritime Museum – explore Lancaster’s golden age and rich maritime and natural history.
City Museum – housed in Lancaster’s former town hall the museum is home to the Kings Own Royal Regiment Museum
Judge’s Lodgings – an elegant Grade 1 listed building once home to Thomas Covell a notorious witch hunter.
Williamson Park – 54 acres of beautiful parkland with the Ashton Memorial and an Edwardian Butterfly House.
Duke’s Playhouse – a theatre and film venue.
The Grand Theatre – a venue for concerts, plays and shows.
Job Opportunity With Community Rail Lancashire
Community Rail Development Officer Post on offer. Posted 21.08.19
Something For The Weekend LXXXVI
Plenty of things to do by local train. Posted 16.08.19
Want To Work In The Community Rail Industry?
Job opportunity with Community Rail Lancashire. Posted 14.08.19
Northern Retires First Pacer Train
142005 retires after 32 years & 3 million miles. Posted 13.08.19
Ticket To Pride LGBT+ Programme Begins
Proud Trust explores North West. Posted 12.08.19