Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend XXXI
Plenty to see and do! Posted 20.04.18
Bentham Line Dementia Initiative
Awareness sessions for Northern Conductors. Posted 19.04.18
Something For The Weekend XXX
Loads to see and do! Posted 13.04.18
Railway Confidence Employment Experience
Students meet Northern staff. Posted 13.04.18
Preston To Blackpool Line To Reopen
Great North Rail Project update. Posted 12.04.18