Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend XVII
Plenty of festive things to see and do! Posted 07.12.17
Community Rail Station Footfall 2016/17
Estimates of station usage. Posted 05.12.17
Kul Bassi Wins Civil Service Award
A well deserved win! Posted 27.11.17
Burscough Junction Grant Success
School project with Burscough's twin town Erkrath. posted 24.11.17
North West In Bloom Awards 2017
CRL stations do well in awards. Posted 07.11.17