Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
February ComREG Update
Wednesday 7th February meeting. Posted 19.02.18
Something For The Weekend XXIV
Things to do & places to visit. Posted 16.02.18
Northern Unveils First New Train
First Class 331 nearly ready for testing. Posted 07.02.18
tRAILblazers Photography Project Launched
Museum of Liverpool hosts launch. Posted 05.02.17
Job Opportunities With CRL
Closing date 16th Feb 2018. Posted 31.01.18