Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend LXXII
Loads to do over the Easter weekend and beyond. Posted 18.04.19
Make A Beeline For The Station!
Using ecology to help promote tourism. Posted 17.04.19
Bamber Bridge Bug Bed & Breakfast
Great community involvement. Posted 15.04.19
Women Who Wander 2019
New YouTube video released. Posted 08.04.19
Ride To Work Week
Keep fit and get on your bike! Posted 26.03.19