Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend V
Suggestions for things to do! Posted 18.08.17
Railway Confidence Programme Boost
DCRDF grant confirmed. Posted 17.08.17
Bolton Upgrade August 2017
Check before you travel through Bolton. Posted 04.08.17
Down The Line – A New Website
A new educational toolkit. Posted 11.07.17
Down The Line Launched
New educational website unveiled. Posted 10.04.17