Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
More Industrial Action
Three more strike days. Posted 17.06.18
South Fylde Line CRP Annual General Meeting
Chair re-elected for another year. Posted 11.06.18
Something For The Weekend XXXVII
Loads to se and do! Posted 08.06.18
Northern Introduce Temporary Timetables
To reduce number of unannounced cancellations. Posted 04.06.18
Dementia Project Gets Radio Coverage
Project on BBC Radio Leeds. Posted 01.06.18