Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend XCV
Plenty to see and do in the CRL area! Posted 18.10.19
Great North Rail Project Update
Engineering works in the CRL area Posted 07.10.19
CRDF Grant Success For Broadfield School
On Track at Accrington project to get underway. Posted 07.10.19
Bolton & South Lancashire CRP Update
Update on Britain's newest CRP. Posted 07.10.19
Community Rail Awards Sucesses
2 wins & a 2nd place for CRL. Posted 04.10.19