Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Job Opportunity With Community Rail Lancashire
Community Rail Development Officer Post on offer. Posted 21.08.19
Something For The Weekend LXXXVI
Plenty of things to do by local train. Posted 16.08.19
Want To Work In The Community Rail Industry?
Job opportunity with Community Rail Lancashire. Posted 14.08.19
Northern Retires First Pacer Train
142005 retires after 32 years & 3 million miles. Posted 13.08.19
Ticket To Pride LGBT+ Programme Begins
Proud Trust explores North West. Posted 12.08.19