Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Aire Valley Engineering Works
Bus replacement between Leeds & Skipton. Posted 28.01.2020
Let’s Connect Ramsgreave & Wilpshire Railway Station
2nd short film goes live. Posted 27.01.2020
Something For The Weekend CVII
Plenty to see and do over the next few weeks. Posted 24.01.2020
Let’s Connect Accrington Railway Station
A short film about the project goes live. Posted 24.01.2020
CRL Gains Accreditation
Formal recognition by the Department for Transport. Posted 18.01.2020