Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend XLIV
Plenty of things to see and do by rail! Posted 17.08.18
Save Money With An Educational Season Ticket
Check to see if your school or college is included. Posted 17.0.18
Bentham Station Flushed With Another Twinning
Bentham linked with Guatemala. Posted 14.08.18
Clitheroe Line & East Lancashire CRPs Meeting
Joint Management Groups meets in Preston. Posted 13.08.18
Community Rail Awards 2018 Short List
CRL gets entries short listed. Posted 08.08.18