Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend LV
Plenty of festive things to do and see in the CRL area. Posted 07.12.18
RMT Strike Saturday 8 December 2018
30% of trains will run but none after 17:00. Posted 07.12.18
Now CRL Is Flushed With Success
Accrington's loo(e) twinned with a toilet block in Zambia. Posted 04.12.18
CRL Is Recruiting
Closing date 7th December 2018 . Posted 04.12.18
Clitheroe Line & East Lancashire Joint Management Group
Friday 30 November 2018. Posted 04.12.18