Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Newfield School Blackburn
Students benefit from Railway Confidence Programme. Posted 18.10.17
CRL Working With Northern Apprentices
Apprentices learn about community rail. Posted 17.10.17
Something For The Weekend XII
Plenty of things to see and do! Posted 06.10.17
Learning Outside The Classroom
CRL awarded nationally recognised Quality Badge. Posted 03.10.17
Something For The Weekend XI
Plenty of things to see and do! Posted 29.09.17