Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend LXV
Plenty to see and do in the CRL area. Posted 22.02.19
Community Food Hub Café Opening In Preston
Healthy, local & seasonal food. Posted 15.02.19
Queen Mary’s Military Hospital
Memorial plaque unveiled. Posted 14.02.19
Electrification Of Bolton Corridor Complete
Northern 319s to start running via Bolton. Posted 09.02.19
Northern Timetable Saturday 9 February 2019
Timetables for Saturday 9th February 2019. Posted 08.02.19