Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
North West In Bloom Awards 2019
Many local successes! Posted 10.12.19
Broadfield Specialist School Oswaldtwistle
Small groups of students working at Accrington station. Posted 06.12.19
Something For The Weekend CI
Plenty to see and do across the CRL area. Posted 06.12.19
Bolton & South Lancashire CRP Launched
Britain's newest CRP officially launched. Posted 02.12.19
Northern’s Year In Industry Students Join the Bentham Line
Students learn about the Dementia Line Project. Posted 26.11.19