Hoscar station is a true rural country station situated amongst large agricultural fields serving the villages of Hoscar and Lathom. Built as part of the Manchester & Southport Railway the station sits in between two railway crossings. The station tavern stands adjacent to the station just beyond the platform exit.
The station once boasted a goods yard which was used by local farmers to get their crops to the markets of Wigan, Manchester and Southport quickly.
Hoscar Moss Road
SD 469115 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend LXXX
Plenty to see and do in the CRL area. Posted 15.06.19
DalesRail Sunday 16 June 2019
Four guided walks this Sunday. Posted 13.06.19
South Fylde Line CRP Annual General Meeting
Another successful year! Posted 12.06.19
Community Rail Development Officer Retires
Community rail stalwart bows out. Posted 12.06.19
Sally Awarded MBE in Queen’s Birthday Honours
A well deserved honour! Posted 08.06.19