Due to the ongoing Great North Rail Project (Preston to Blackpool Upgrade) the lines from Preston to Blackpool North & Blackpool South will be closed between 11 November 2017 and 28 January 2018. A replacement bus service will be in operation and the timetable can be downloaded here: Preston-Blackpool-TT-13-mk2
Cherry Tree station is situated on the western fringes of Blackburn. Adjacent to the station is a newly restored goods shed which was once part of a thriving railway scene here. There is a small shopping area close to the station and the Leeds Liverpool canal is close by affording pleasant walks along the tow path.
Witton Country Park is close by with all manner of facilities available. Run by Blackburn with Darwen Council this excellent facility is well worth a visit. A branch line to Chorley once left the main East Lancashire just beyond the station.
Cherry Tree Station
SD 658264 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Hourly service to Preston & Blackpool South and Colne
- Waiting shelters with seating
- Long Line Public Address
- CRP branded notice boards
- Station is start of the ‘Song Mine’ link to Witton Country Park
- Buses stop immediately outside station on Preston Old Road – click here for bus timetables
- The station is about 20 minutes walk from Witton Country Park Visitor Centre where the 32 mile Witton Weavers Way starts – click here for more information.
Something For The Weekend XXVII
Loads to do and see. Posted 16.03.18
Women Who Wander Launch
Manchester Victoria hosts launch event. posted 09.03.18
Reading Between The Lines 28
All the news from Community Rail Lancashire. Posted 09.03.18
Burscough Junction Clean Up
Hats off to the Community Payback Team. Posted 08.03.18
Great North Rail Project Week 16
Electrification draws nearer. Posted 07.03.18