Cherry Tree station is situated on the western fringes of Blackburn. Adjacent to the station is a newly restored goods shed which was once part of a thriving railway scene here. There is a small shopping area close to the station and the Leeds Liverpool canal is close by affording pleasant walks along the tow path.
Witton Country Park is close by with all manner of facilities available. Run by Blackburn with Darwen Council this excellent facility is well worth a visit. A branch line to Chorley once left the main East Lancashire just beyond the station.
Cherry Tree Station
SD 658264 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Hourly service to Preston & Blackpool South and Colne
- Waiting shelters with seating
- Long Line Public Address
- CRP branded notice boards
- Station is start of the ‘Song Mine’ link to Witton Country Park
- Buses stop immediately outside station on Preston Old Road – click here for bus timetables
- The station is about 20 minutes walk from Witton Country Park Visitor Centre where the 32 mile Witton Weavers Way starts – click here for more information.
New Community Rail Strategy Launched
Minister launches new strategy at Million. Posted 16.11.18
CRL Is Recruiting
For a full time Education Development Officer. Posted 16.11.18
New Planters For Squires Gate
Planters and additional seating for the station. Posted 15.11.18
RMT Strike Saturday 17 November 2018
Northern hope to run 30% of services. Posted 13.11.18
Something For The Weekend LII
Loads to see and do in the CRL area. Posted 09.11.18