Cherry Tree station is situated on the western fringes of Blackburn. Adjacent to the station is a newly restored goods shed which was once part of a thriving railway scene here. There is a small shopping area close to the station and the Leeds Liverpool canal is close by affording pleasant walks along the tow path.
Witton Country Park is close by with all manner of facilities available. Run by Blackburn with Darwen Council this excellent facility is well worth a visit. A branch line to Chorley once left the main East Lancashire just beyond the station.
Cherry Tree Station
SD 658264 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Hourly service to Preston & Blackpool South and Colne
- Waiting shelters with seating
- Long Line Public Address
- CRP branded notice boards
- Station is start of the ‘Song Mine’ link to Witton Country Park
- Buses stop immediately outside station on Preston Old Road – click here for bus timetables
- The station is about 20 minutes walk from Witton Country Park Visitor Centre where the 32 mile Witton Weavers Way starts – click here for more information.
CRL Welcomes A New Team Member
Caroline joins the award winning team! Posted 01.04.2020
Rail Related Home Activities
Loads of rail related things to do at home. Posted 31.03.2020
Northern Key Worker Timetables 30 March
Reduced service on most routes. Posted 30.03.2020
Sunday Services Affected By COVID-19
Reduced service on many routes. Posted 27.03.2020
New Measures Introduced Across Northern Network
Waiting rooms closed & penalty fares suspended. Posted 26.03.2020