Cherry Tree station is situated on the western fringes of Blackburn. Adjacent to the station is a newly restored goods shed which was once part of a thriving railway scene here. There is a small shopping area close to the station and the Leeds Liverpool canal is close by affording pleasant walks along the tow path.
Witton Country Park is close by with all manner of facilities available. Run by Blackburn with Darwen Council this excellent facility is well worth a visit. A branch line to Chorley once left the main East Lancashire just beyond the station.
Cherry Tree Station
SD 658264 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Hourly service to Preston & Blackpool South and Colne
- Waiting shelters with seating
- Long Line Public Address
- CRP branded notice boards
- Station is start of the ‘Song Mine’ link to Witton Country Park
- Buses stop immediately outside station on Preston Old Road – click here for bus timetables
- The station is about 20 minutes walk from Witton Country Park Visitor Centre where the 32 mile Witton Weavers Way starts – click here for more information.
Something For The Weekend XXXV
Plenty to see and do in the CRL area. Posted 24.05.18
Industrial Action Saturday 26 May 2018
Reduced Northern services operating. Posted 24.05.18
RMT Industrial Action 24 May 2018
Northern will operate a reduced service. Posted 23.05.18
Bowland Explorer 2018
Explore the Forest of Bowland AONB. Posted 23.05.18
May 2018 Timetable Changes
Significant changes to some services. Posted 18.05.18