Cherry Tree station is situated on the western fringes of Blackburn. Adjacent to the station is a newly restored goods shed which was once part of a thriving railway scene here. There is a small shopping area close to the station and the Leeds Liverpool canal is close by affording pleasant walks along the tow path.
Witton Country Park is close by with all manner of facilities available. Run by Blackburn with Darwen Council this excellent facility is well worth a visit. A branch line to Chorley once left the main East Lancashire just beyond the station.
Cherry Tree Station
SD 658264 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Hourly service to Preston & Blackpool South and Colne
- Waiting shelters with seating
- Long Line Public Address
- CRP branded notice boards
- Station is start of the ‘Song Mine’ link to Witton Country Park
- Bus stops immediately outside station on Preston Old Road (service 152) – click here for bus timetables
- The station is about 20 minutes walk from Witton Country Park Visitor Centre where the 32 mile Witton Weavers Way starts – click here for more information.
Down The Line Launched
New educational website unveiled. Posted 10.04.17
Clitheroe Line & East Lancashire CRPs AGM
Officers re-elected for 2017/18. Posted 05.04.17
Events Saturday 18th February 2017
Rail accessible events in CRL country. Posted 17.02.17
Blackburn Station Masterplan
Design Consultants Announced. Posted 22.12.16
Last And First Trains Over Christmas
Details of the last services. Posted 08.12.16