Cherry Tree station is situated on the western fringes of Blackburn. Adjacent to the station is a newly restored goods shed which was once part of a thriving railway scene here. There is a small shopping area close to the station and the Leeds Liverpool canal is close by affording pleasant walks along the tow path.
Witton Country Park is close by with all manner of facilities available. Run by Blackburn with Darwen Council this excellent facility is well worth a visit. A branch line to Chorley once left the main East Lancashire just beyond the station.
Cherry Tree Station
SD 658264 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Hourly service to Preston & Blackpool South and Colne
- Waiting shelters with seating
- Long Line Public Address
- CRP branded notice boards
- Station is start of the ‘Song Mine’ link to Witton Country Park
- Buses stop immediately outside station on Preston Old Road – click here for bus timetables
- The station is about 20 minutes walk from Witton Country Park Visitor Centre where the 32 mile Witton Weavers Way starts – click here for more information.
Newfield School Blackburn
Students benefit from Railway Confidence Programme. Posted 18.10.17
CRL Working With Northern Apprentices
Apprentices learn about community rail. Posted 17.10.17
Something For The Weekend XII
Plenty of things to see and do! Posted 06.10.17
Learning Outside The Classroom
CRL awarded nationally recognised Quality Badge. Posted 03.10.17
Something For The Weekend XI
Plenty of things to see and do! Posted 29.09.17