The rural station of Bescar Lane sits 4.5 miles East of Southport on the Wigan to Southport line. The station was opened on 9th April 1855 by the Manchester and Southport Railway Company and was later taken over by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway. The location of the station which serves Scarisbrick does not encourage passenger usage as it is situated some distance from the centre of the village. Even the traditional station pub adjacent to the station has been converted into housing! The station once boasted a large goods yard serving the local farming community.
Bescar Lane Station
SD 396145 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Trains to Southport, Bolton & Manchester
- Shelters on platforms
- Additional seating on platforms
- Buses are available in the village – click here for bus timetables
- Rail User Group – Ormskirk, Preston & Southport Travellers Association
- Friends of Station group – contact Brian Haworth on 01254 386579
Something For The Weekend LXXII
Loads to do over the Easter weekend and beyond. Posted 18.04.19
Make A Beeline For The Station!
Using ecology to help promote tourism. Posted 17.04.19
Bamber Bridge Bug Bed & Breakfast
Great community involvement. Posted 15.04.19
Women Who Wander 2019
New YouTube video released. Posted 08.04.19
Ride To Work Week
Keep fit and get on your bike! Posted 26.03.19