Bamber Bridge station was built as part of the Blackburn / Preston Railway and opened on 1st June 1846. Situated 8¼ miles from Blackburn the station used to have a very busy goods yard moving products from the local cotton mills, in particular from Dewhursts Cuerdon Mill who had their own private sidings.
The station is situated right in the middle of town and there is a good selection of shops adjacent to the station.
Worthy of note is the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway signal box sited next to the level crossing and the original East Lancashire railway station building which has recently been sympathetically restored by Lancashire County Council and now houses the South Ribble Pensioners’ Association.
Bamber Bridge Station
SD 564258 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Hourly service to Preston & Blackpool South and Colne
- Limited peak service York and Preston & Blackpool North
- Waiting shelters
- Additional seating on platforms
- Free car park (10+ spaces)
- Long Line Public Address
- Cycle hoops
- Community notice boards
- A frequent bus service from stops on Station Road (services 112, 117, 125, 126 & X61) – click here for bus timetables
Down The Line Launched
New educational website unveiled. Posted 10.04.17
Clitheroe Line & East Lancashire CRPs AGM
Officers re-elected for 2017/18. Posted 05.04.17
Details of timetable, fares & walks available. Posted 27.01.17
Blackburn Station Masterplan
Design Consultants Announced. Posted 22.12.16
Last And First Trains Over Christmas
Details of the last services. Posted 08.12.16